December 18, 2006

So many pictures, so little time...

It's only December 18th, but I've already taken almost 500 pictures this month!! I've only covered tree decorating, sugar cookie making, and a few early presents :)

I decided to let H and L help me decorate cookies this year. What a mess!! They got frosting, sprinkles and spider egges (our kiddie term for those round candy sprinkles) everywhere but the cookies!! Logan just double fisted the frosting knives, getting as much into his mouth as possible before I took them away...then proceeded to frost himself.





I snappe this photo before he got too sticky. I gave him a haircut the night before...poor guy. He'll have to wear a hat for awhile hehehe.








December is going to be a month of compramises. No you can't have the glass ornament, but maybe this one from the dollar store, No you can't have just frosting for dinner--but maybe a whole cooked for dessert....No you can't climb out of your crib 15 times...but maybe if you can stay in the bed, you can have a big boy bed for Christmas...:):)


Logan is having some issues with being asked to sleep in a crib. Booger. Just climbs over the siderail, lands on the ground with a big "whomp" and then plays, talks--even has the guts to come back out into the living room, where he knows he'll get scolded. sheesh. 2 hours of this and I finally gave in and let him sleep in the single bed in his room. He didn't let out a peep--or even try to get out of bed. I gues the big boy bed is in order...either that or he's going to break his noggin!!
This is CLASSIC Heather. Classic. She was eating frosting and got ONE little spider egg on her tongue. I finally got the big, exaggerated gag on film....






Heather, as you can see, is a master cookie froster. She managed to get frosting ON a cookie. Big accomplishment for a 2 year old, I am learning hehehe. She stayed sticky free...another classic Heather-ism.




I could take hundreds of pictures a month of this sweet little girl, and maybe, just maybe I can get one of her looking at least in the general direction of the camera. You can see just a tiny bit of the frosting eating evidence on her cheek :) Probably the dirtiest she's been in a month hahaha. She is really enjoying having "It's Anna Baby" in the house to play with. Anna gets to eat all kinds of imaginary cuisine, led around the house by her hand, and many hugs and kisses.







Notice anything different??? Yep. Heather got her first haircut. She was getting very frustrated with her bangs in her eyes, so I gave in and chopped them. I got a little teary eyed! She just looks so much older and, if I may say so myself, adorable in her homemade doo.





Grandpa stopped by on saturday and brought over lots of gifts. We decided to let the doobers open their gifts from him so that he could watch. As always, he found the perfect gift. (I made him promise NOTHING with motors :) ) they love these little tricycles and have been riding them every waking moment. Heather gets quite frustrated because her feet don't touch the ground at the same time she's holding the handle bars, but she'll get it figured out I'm sure. Logan is already faking crashes, falls off, does wheelies (I REALLY made grandpa promise no motors) It's a good thing this is a dumpy rental!!


I think we are ready for christmas. I just have some last minute baking and packing to do on Thurs and friday, and we'll trek to Evanston on Friday night after Dan gets home from work.
Man, being a working stiff has really cut into my scrapping time!! I don't have anything new to share!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas with too much food and lots of love.
















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHAT FUN TIMES AT YOUR HOUSE! I AM GLAD TO SEE YOU ARE ALL DOING WELL. I CANT EVEN SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH LOGANS HAIR - BUT I THINK THAT IS ONE OF THE CUTEST LITTLE BOY PICTURES I HAVE TRUELY EVER SEEN! GOOD JOB!